9.29.2010

Light



So Liz posted this morning about the light fixtures we chose to use throughout her house. You might remember me pointing out the ones I spied in Telluride (ha ! I swear I didn't mean for that to rhyme. Major nerd points), and clearly that's where I got the idea. Anyway -- her post reminded me of these lighting pictures I snapped on my phone, and I wanted to share.

These obviously are very different than what Liz is talking about. These are not practical, or something you would use throughout your house. They definitely are a statement. Somehow they're still a bit quiet or unassuming, which is no easy feat when you're a seemingly random circle of tiny bulbs. Let me back up. These were circular pieces I spied at Calypso Home (one of my favorite home stores). There were three of them in varying sizes, and the shopkeeper informed me they were made by a French artist. It's pretty rare that I'm quickly gripped by a piece of buyable art, or a light installation, but these puppies stopped me in my tracks. I can't tell you exactly why I love them, but I do. If the wee-est one was not $1000, or if I were rich and famous, they might be in my apartment by now. They are just so delicate and lovely.

PS. Ever since I typed in "light" as the title, I've been singing in my head, "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment