3.30.2011

I Heart Details Week :: Lulu

Lulu Lemon is a company that made their name on details. I knew from the first pair of yoga pants I bought of theirs about 6 years ago (in Greenwich, Connecticut when they had no east coast retail stores and were privately owned), that they were going places. The pants were reversible, so they made the label a perfect tear out. Every piece I've bought of theirs has had a little insight like this that screams, whoever designed these was missing that perfect detail one morning when they went out for a run, when they stretched out into their first downward dog of the day, when they were cold on their way to the gym. They think of thumb holes in long sleeves, elastic just where you need it, and their logo understated but everywhere.

And then along came these pants. They had the perfect zipper in the back for keys and money. Sort of a given in workout clothing these days. A few months after purchasing them however, I was playing with the waist band and realized there was an opening at the seam, creating the perfect little basket for my ipod. On both sides. Details don't get much better than that....

1 comment: