3.08.2012

Circle Tilak.


Three quarters of these came from my last morning in Vrindavan. We were walking part of the Parikrama path early in the morning when we came across a group of renunciates dispersing from some sort of prayer or gathering. I was hesitant to pick my camera up, unsure of how holy or serious their meeting was. They were a sight though, clad in bright orange and banded together, and a friend I was with did not have the same reservations, and took a few snaps from a distance. A few of them saw this, and immediately approached us and began asking all three of us for photos. We were surrounded by 20ish grown men pushing each other in front of the camera, trying to see the images of one-an-other, and laughing the whole time. A swarm of orange cloth shrouded the three of us at the center. This went on for probably 10 minutes before they started to gradually drop off and continue on their way. It was such a joy to see their joy and playfulness I had a huge grin on my face for the rest of the day. I so enjoyed this last morning, and it made me so sad (among other reasons) to have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment