12.23.2011

Merry Christmas

Christmas feels a little less like Christmas this year. It was 60 degrees out yesterday, I haven't baked since Thanksgiving, and my family is not all together. Just the same, holiday driven or not, a "Christmas" break from school has given me the opportunity to gather with family and friends for the past week. It has been a whirlwind of laughs, good food, wine, and hugs. And now I'm headed to Philadelphia to cook with my sister and spend time with my father. These are all things I'm grateful for. No one's holiday is ever perfect, but the love behind the word gathering says it all. If you have that in some form remember to count yourself as lucky.

Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy your gathering, laughter, and dinner tables.

Photo via.

No comments:

Post a Comment