9.07.2011

Your Nantucket



Your Nantucket is the work of photographer Michael Gaillard, and a show I went to see at The Seven Seas Gallery in Nantucket this weekend. I went with a bit of a chip on my shoulder thinking there was no way I could be overly wowed by photographs of scenic views. I couldn't have been more wrong. These large scale photographs are breathtaking in format and color. I could barely leave the wall of them, and I'm pretty sure I would give my right arm for the top photograph seen here. Researching him a bit online I was also floored by this series from his Aunt's house in Nantucket. Someday I'll own that top shot ;). In the meantime I'll drool over these images.

Hope everyone had a wonderful final hurrah of summer. Fall 2011 here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment