8.23.2011

Kinfolk

I hope by now you guys have discovered Kinfolk Magazine. It's been causing hubbub in the blog world since it landed. Both because so many talented bloggers contributed to it, and because it is stunning.

It's one of those rare bodies of work that spoke to my soul in content and purpose and creativity.

I have flipped through the gorgeous photos many times, but have only had the chance to read a few things -- I have a lot farther to go. My biggest complaint is that I wish I could physically thumb through it -- running my fingers over photos as I study them, dog earring favorites, and leaving it open to my last read, where it patiently would wait for my next.

But I get it, beggars can't be choosers. In a world where food publications are lackluster you can't expect gathered talent to have the money to make it appear in hard copy.

What a marriage of my favorite things though :: Gathering with friends, beautiful words, beautiful tables, beautiful photos, and beautiful food (and fabulous music--they included a summer playlist :). Add beautiful clothes and there is little else I need in life ;).

[Images courtesy of the talented contributors to Kinfolk]

No comments:

Post a Comment