6.13.2011

Things Organized Neatly.





I think that's putting it lightly, don't you ? I don't remember how I stumbled upon the tumbler Things Organized Neatly, but I'm a little bit obsessed with it. If there is one thing I hope I took from my last roommate in NYC it's his incredible OCDness with organization (in fact, I sent him this site + he promptly responded that "things like these did not help his problem"). His fridge, shower, and medicine cabinet look like their out of Sleeping With the Enemy (remember, Julia Roberts' husband went bonkers when the labels weren't facing out perfectly ?). Someone once caught him organizing his trash. I considered myself organized until I moved into his apartment. I suddenly felt like a hoarder slob. Slowly though, I found myself choreographing the fridge (glass door) to happily balance jars, space between them, etc, labels perfectly out, price tags off.

I like picturing people's thoughts when they slowly lay these things out just so. My sister is obsessed with a game called The Settlers of Catan (nerd alert AND I recommend steering clear of ever playing with her) which involves all sorts of house/settlement pieces and cards. A girl she was playing with once said her favorite part of the game was watching how every player arranged their pieces at the start. I couldn't agree more -- a little insight into their mind / personality / creativity. I think I chose picture 1+2 because they're about to be my life (can I be so neat ?), but I especially love the unpacked lunch :).

Less chat, more unpacking ..................

[Photos courtesy of Thingsorganizedneatly]

1 comment: