6.27.2011

It's The Little Things.



It's the big things I miss. I miss packing in as many friends as I could in a week and running into familiar faces on the street and in restaurants.

It's the little things that have thrilled me.
It's having room for a full ironing board, and not creating an obstacle course if I leave it up all night.
It's waking up and having morning sun stream in from all different angles.
It's becoming giddy every time I see that I still have an emtpy drawer in my kitchen. Just waiting for an organizational task.
It's having numerous windows to run around and close as summer rain starts to fall.
It's a UPS man that has a dog treat ready when he hops up the steps.
And it's being overwhelmed by the intoxicating smell of honeysuckles every few blocks.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, as always Lizzy. Loved the cooking video's. Are you enjoying RI & RISD? I had a friend who was @ RISD and was expelled for pot...in 1967. It actually was in the NYT it was such a big story back then.

    We had a lovely dinner with Mom & Gordon, Mary & Ken and Allyn and me. You could have sent a Lizzy cake, you know... Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved those photos and that post liz! a full ironing board left out overnight is a beautiful thing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lizzy. I love the photos and of course, the thoughts behind them.xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is sort of like a deep breath...or at least a reminder to take a deep breath. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete