12.07.2010

Cookie Baking TIME.

Well, clearly my rolling pin isn't as pretty as the ones from yesterday, but it still does the trick. And the other night as I twittled my thumbs and pondered the fact I had lots of homework + the GREs in a week I thought to myself, what better time to bake cookies than.... right now ? (one word Whorf :: Braveheart). So I turned to my good baking friend Martha and her "cookie of the day." That particular day was cinnamon swirl, and I went with it. As soon as I started prepping to roll the dough out so I could sprinkle the filling in, I saw that my parchment paper anchors--my little sapling Christmas trees--were casting tree like shadows as I sprinkled snow like flour on the surface. I loved everything about this.

Obviously.

But I went on, to roll out, fill, roll up, slice, and bake. An obviously great use of my time.

These little friends were shipped off as a thank you (still not done thanking) and then given to a very hard working friend. She reported back that an officemate had come back 4 times, 4 times ! to ask for more. I think this means she has more cookies in her near future. Happy holiday baking everyone ! xo

4 comments:

  1. A girl after my own heart. Hey I watched that and Dancing with Wolves both epic movies both extremely long and look where it ended me - almost done with Medical School. You will do great! Love you so much. Cannot wait to see you in a few days. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah. Biochem Final + Dances with Wolves = Dr. Whorf. Priceless. xoxo to you both. Ging

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha. Some things will never get old. Can't wait to see you BOTH this weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woop woop! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete